Complications - STARR — Stapled TransAnal Rectal Resection - general and visceral surgery
You have not purchased a license - paywall is active: to the product selection
- Parts of the anal canal inadvertently caught in the resection
→ careful placement of the anal port
- Incomplete closure of the stapled suture line
→interrupted sutures of the rectal wall with Vicryl 3/0
- Bleeding at the stapled suture line
→ suture ligation of bleeders with Vicryl 2/0
- Posterior vaginal wall caught after placement of the Prolene sutures
→ Remove the sutures and re-place them while sparingly including rectal wall.
- Injury to the small intestine prolapsed into the rectovaginal space
→ Place the Prolene sutures with the patient in Trendelenburg position; palpate the vagina before total closure of the stapler.